Ask HN: Does anyone use an alternative to a password manager?

As time goes on I find myself, both in my professional and my personal life, adding more and more usernames and passwords I need to remember. I have over a 100 accounts I need to keep track of and access typically access at a whim.

Since it's insecure to both use the same password over and over or to modify a single password per service (e.g. appending "fb" or "tw" etc to a password when using a different service) I have found that a password manager is literally the only thing working for me.

However, as break-ins become more and more frequent, I am concerned that my single point of failure, my password manager, could become compromised. I mean it seems almost inevitable, right? An attacker wouldn't even need to compromise the service or app you're using but your phone instead to gather the same data.

So I'm curious to those of you who use something other than a typically password manager: what do you use and has it been successful or a pain?

from Hacker News: Front Page http://ift.tt/2Cot9Rv
via

Comments

Popular posts from this blog