Ask HN: How to Seriously Start with Machine Learning and AI

Hey,

Since years I've been seeing tones of news "how machine learing did smth... " and today that's enough with just reading how other people change the world with AI. I want to join into this area and scientificly understand how it everything works - make my own projects...

-I'm a third-year Computer Science student who just has passed most of the needed courses like obj programming,python course, databases, math statistics, algebra etc... I really enjoy playing with data like projecting databases, programming backed etc...

Everything I know until today - I have learned on my own(swift, python, backend). Mostly by practice and solving problems. Now I really want to start serious journey with Machine Learning and AI.

But by making some small research which made me realised that I don't want just to implement already done frameworks for e.q face recognition (maybe I should?) I would like to understand the topic really seriously and be able to explore this area... ---but here's a problem because I don't know how to start it. I've got enthusiasm, some ideas for a projects, but still don't know almost anything about how exactly everything works.

When I was starting with programming, I read some books, watched online lecture and bang. I started doing my own projects. How to start in this more scientifically sophisticated area?

Are there any courses, books, online lectures which you can recommend me for a start to understand how it all works? Unfortunately, my university doesn't lead any more interesting courses in this area... People here are just fascinated with it but nothing more complex...

I'm still young so why not to lose time on something that seems to be really fascinating ;)

from Hacker News: Front Page http://ift.tt/2rcgkEU
via

Comments

Popular posts from this blog