Ask HN: Apple shutted down our 30k/mo business. What now?

I & my partner launched an app a year ago. It took half a year to build something sustainable and month ago we finally reached 30k / mo profit. Yesterday after technical release (just to change title in the AppStore) the app got rejected. We didn't violate any concrete guideline, Apple Review Team just decided that we use VPN in an anapproved manner. We use VPN to analyze traffic and show reports to the user. Of course users are uknowledge and ok with this solution. Needless to say that that dozens of our competitors use exactly this solution but apparently it’s not enough for Review Team.

Now I'm lost and don’t know what to do. Situation seems unfair. How come that developers give away half of their earnings to the monopolist platform and are still treated like kids. I mean, people will lose jobs and funds just because of "unapproved way" of using public (!) API. Honestly I liked this platform and I invested a lot into it but I'm sure I will stay away now.

Any thoughts or advices?

from Hacker News: Front Page https://ift.tt/2s0JR23
via

Comments

Popular posts from this blog