Thank you HN

About a couple of years ago, I submitted a thread here called "Ask HN: I'm depressed, what should I do?" [0].

I was in a very dark place personally and professionally. I had turned to my family and friends without success, and posted here looking for a moral boost.

I would like to thank all the people that have responded with kindness.

I just wanted to say that your words helped, that I think about this thread often, and that your effort did actually help someone from a tough spot.

Update on my situation:

By the time that I got an offer I could live with, I had sent over 250 applications and done around 20 interviews.

I started with 33k€ a year (translates to a little less than 2000€ per month), now I'm at 38k€.

I rented a place downtown, and started working out (lost 18kg and counting), I'm going to run a marathon in 3 months!!!

Overall, I'm not exactly where I want to be, but -for once- I can see myself getting there.

I'm hopeful for the future, and I would like to thank the many people that helped me to get here.

Just to sum up, be kind when you can, it can change someone's life.

[0]: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=13134183

from Hacker News: Front Page https://ift.tt/2B5ytJb
via

Comments

Popular posts from this blog