Ask HN: 4 months after posting my project on HN, it has 0 users. Has it failed?

Four months ago, one of my projects was ready to be posted on "Show HN", and so I did. After a couple of hours it reached the frontpage and traffic was through the roof. A handful dozen of trial users signed up, and with feedback of the community, I thought that if I were to spend a bit more time on it, this would be the side project I could continue working on and make some side-money with.

Long story short, four months later, I am the only user of my service. I hired a brand strategist who looked at the market, with who I forged a marketing plan, and with who I set goals. Needless to say, none of them were met.

What does/can this mean? Should I accept that what I built will only be used by myself, or is this a phase each product/service goes through? If only there were one extra paid user, I would have enough motivation to continue, but with zero conversion the motivation starts to fade.

I think it is irrelevant to re-post a link to the project, but feel free to ask/look it up if you think it's relevant.


Comments URL: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=18274295

Points: 9

# Comments: 12



from Hacker News: Front Page https://ift.tt/2S8FEF6
via

Comments

Popular posts from this blog