Ask HN: How do you decide what books to read?

Prompted by today’s post about Bill Gates’ “Good books for a lousy year” I’m curious how you decide to read next.

I happen to read a lot (129 books last year, 121 so far this year) and widely, but I’m wondering if I could be directing my reading better. I tend to read in certain threads for a while (I read a lot about the atomic bomb and Cold War this year, for example) but also tend to get interested in popular or award winning books, whether contemporary or not. I also read a lot of fiction, where my choices tend to be even more random than my non-fiction choices. Or I get interested in one author and read everything they’ve written.

My method isn’t necessarily bad but I’m thinking it might be time to optimize my reading a bit.

So HN: How do you decide what to read?


Comments URL: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=25367016

Points: 13

# Comments: 12



from Hacker News: Front Page https://ift.tt/3m2g6XS
via

Comments

Popular posts from this blog