Ask HN: I am not a competitive guy, how will it affect my career?

Hello, I am not a competitive guy. Neither am I curious enough to dive deep into intricate details. I am jack of all trades but master of none. All I is know enough subject matters to make things work. Is there something fundamental that I am missing?

I enjoy life in the most boring way. Just doing enough to pass a day. I strive for being good, but my good is just average. Is it necessary to be competitive to have a successful career in tech?

How far can a boring person with diversified interest go?

If one doesn't aim for excellence, is it a bad thing?

I am really early in my career and sometimes I get cold feet when I see how incredible other people are.

What does it take to uplift myself and my own levels?

I have come to realize that just to make a small dent (as in new contribution beyond being a boring copy-cat), I would require tremendous amount of years of consistent effort.

Thank you for suggestions!


Comments URL: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=30275825

Points: 19

# Comments: 17



from Hacker News: Front Page https://ift.tt/iRaFpM5
via

Comments

Popular posts from this blog