Ask HN: How I get a job that uses C?

My wife is pregnant and I need a job urgently... and like when I needed a job urgently in the past to pay student loans, I feel inclined to accept whatever offer I get.

But what I really wanted was work with C. But even searching for that is hard (often a company writes C/C++ and they mean only C++ and not C at all).

I tried in the past seeing if embedded would work but even entry positions require experience.

So no idea where to look for such jobs.

The vacancies list I found right now is just a long list of full stack, frontend, backend, sometimes java, the occasional SQL, nosql, and sometimes python or ruby. Not a single C job.

Where the C users are hiding? Is living programming in C even possible or it became a purely hobby language for people doing angular.js on their day jobs?


Comments URL: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=33626049

Points: 52

# Comments: 76



from Hacker News: Front Page https://ift.tt/NO7X6uj
via

Comments

Popular posts from this blog